This fieldstone church, Baroque in style, was built in 1942. The project was undertaken by parish priest Charles Auguste Dion, just a few years after his arrival in Rapide-Danseur in 1939. Construction started on June 22, 1942; the parishioners put their shoulders to the wheel and Alphonse Bédard was the head carpenter. The first mass was celebrated on December 8, 1942. The church was designated a historic site in 1985. Over the past 30 years, it has welcomed several exhibitions and events, including the “blessing of motorcycles”. In 2018, the church was turned into a performance venue and welcomes the Rapide-Show, which takes place twice a year.
Possible off-season opening